Our Community, Your Legacy
With planned giving, you can provide long-lasting support for the United Way of Northern Chautauqua County while enjoying financial benefits for yourself. With a multitude of gifting options, there is certainly one to fit every portfolio.
Visit our website to donate online via credit card or PayPal. You can choose a one-time donation, recurring donation, monthly or quarterly,
Mail a check:
United Way of Northern Chautauqua County
626 Central Avenue
Dunkirk, NY 14048
IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER
Rollover your IRA for good
Did you know, that if you are 70½ or older, you can make charitable gifts directly from your tax burden?
Even If You Don’t Itemize
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals.
An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
If you need assistance with the process your IRA manager can help, or you can visit FreeWill.com’s charitable rollover page.
BENEFITS OF AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to United Way of Northern Chautauqua County
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of United Way of Northern Chautauqua County
HOW AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER GIFT WORKS
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to United Way of Northern Chautauqua County to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have
A gift for you and your future
As a thank you for being a friend of United Way, FreeWill is delighted to help you create your legal will. It’s 100% free to you, and most people finish in 20 minutes or less.
Visit FreeWill.com and utilize their free will writing software
BENEFITS OF MAKING A BEQUEST?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
United Way of Northern Chautauqua County maintains an Agency Endowment Fund with Northern Chautauqua Community Foundation
The Agency Endowment Funds allow for charitable organizations to protect their capital for the future and obtain the rewards of participating in a larger pool by placing their endowments with the Foundation.
To donate directly to the UWNCC Endowment Fund visit Northern Chautauqua Community Foundation , or list UWNCC Endowment as a designation on your donations.