2020 United States Census
Make Sure Everyone Counts in CHQ County!
Who is the Complete Count Committee?
Community organizations and local government officials have established a 2020 Census Complete Count Committee in Northern CHQ County to increase awareness and motivate residents to respond to the 2020 census. The committee seeks to bring together a cross sector of local organizations focused on delivering an awareness campaign targeted to our community.
Goals of the Committee:
- Identify hard to count populations
- Work with local agencies that have direct contact with hard to count populations
- Build awareness of the census and its benefits
- Create marketing materials customized for the local community
- Support special events
Join our local efforts and help make sure EVERYONE COUNTS in northern CHQ County!
What is the Census? (click here to watch video)
The Census is a count of every person who lives in the United States as of April 1. The questionnaire from the U.S. Census Bureau asks a few (10) simple questions, like the age, sex, and marital status of the people who live in your home, including newborns and non-relatives.
This count impacts how resources for our families and communities are allocated over the next 10-years.
Why is the Census Important?
- Dollars: Responses inform where over $675 billion is distributed each year to communities nationwide for local agencies, government programs, schools, roads and more.
- Data: Businesses rely on Census data to make decisions that will bring amenities or jobs to our community.
- Districting: Representation in the U.S. House of Representatives is also determined by Census data, helping to ensure fair representation.
When will the Census happen?
The goal is to count people once, only once, and in the right place according to where they live on Census Day, April 1.
What college students need to know to be counted in the right place video!
Help us get the word out! Use one of the images below to promote the 2020 Census on your social media platforms