Temporary, 10 hours per week January to April
The position is responsible for providing basic and advanced administrative support under the direct supervision of the executive director; The position includes secretarial, reception and entry-level transaction processing functions of the United Way of Northern Chautauqua County(UWNCC). Job duties are of moderate scope and complexity. Knowledge of general office and business practices, Quickbooks and comfort learning new computer software systems are necessary to complete job duties.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel staffing the position.
Reports to: Executive Director
Subordinate Staff: Clerical volunteers and vocational trainees
Other internal contacts: All UWNCC staff, volunteers, and interns
External contacts: Government agencies, various banks, agency representatives, donors, staff of other United Ways, members of the local media and community citizens.
- Meeting Support
- Contact participants with reminder information
- Room set up and breakdown
- Distribute to meeting participants*
- Meeting notices
- Applicable materials
- Accounting Support
- UWNCC Bills and Billing processing
- Record bank deposits in Fund Accounting Software*
- Campaign Support
- Thank-you Letters
- Receipt of Gifts
- Office Management
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate contact information
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies
- Oversee maintenance of office equipment including but not limited to the copy and fax machines
- Receive phone calls and greet visitors
- Sort, index, distribute and file mail, reports, and correspondence
- Minor building maintenance including but not limited to:
- Spot Cleaning
- Trash Removal
- Snow Shoveling
- Events Coordination
- Mail out invitations
- Monitor incoming reservations
- Organize the location as needed
- Ensure items necessary are at the event
- Help with Event Program development*
- Provide name tags
- Provide a list of dignitaries in attendance to the master of ceremonies
- Ensure photos are taken
- Any other duties as requested by the Executive Director
*Works directly with Executive Director
- An Associates Degree, equivalent professional certification in office management/secretarial skills or at least three years of office management experience.
- At least two years of satisfactory experience in an office setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Quickbooks along with a working knowledge of computers
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in order to deal with customers (internal and external) at all levels
- Knowledge of and experience with not-for-profit organizations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organization and time management skills to ensure scheduled deadlines
- Available anytime Monday – Friday, 8 AM- 5 PM
PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES AND CRITERIA:
- Deals effectively with UWNCC staff, volunteers, funded agency personnel, and donors
- Organizes workload, sets priorities and works within deadlines
- Maintains confidentiality of financial and personal information
- Shall include factors related to the process of the position, as well as achievement standards related to duties set out in the job description, annual major objectives and special assignments
To apply, interested candidate should e-mail their resume and cover letter to email@example.com (E-mail applications are required).
Application period ends December 31, 2018, open until filled.
United Way of Northern Chautauqua County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes its hiring decisions without regard for race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.